Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hours Of Fun...

...My kids LOVE playdough, they will play with it for hours so when I found a fun recipe I knew Skye and I where going to have to give it a try. It is AWESOME! So very easy, soft, not to mention it smells YUMMY. It is way better than the store bought stuff.

You need...
white flour – 1 cup (plus about another 1/2 cup to knead with later)
salt – 2 tbsp
cream of tartar – 2 tbsp
cooking oil – 2 tbsp
warm water – 1 cup
Jello – 1 3oz pack
mix it all together in a sauce pan and over medium heat stir constantly until it is all mixed in and gets thick enough to form a ball. Dump it on wax paper and let it cool. When it is cool enough start kneading, using flour, until it is no longer sticky. We added glitter.


a side funny:
Jacey: I really like the lunch plan
Me: oh yeah, what is it?
Jacey: we are always the last ones to eat, so we get all the leftovers
Dax: (completely disgusted) from the garbage can?

6 comments:

Kirsten Knowles said...

Wow that is a way better recipe than the one I have!! I swear mine calls for 1 cup of salt!! I'll have to give it a try :)

Unknown said...

Saw that on pinterst. Can't wait to try it.

Kristen said...

Haha, leftovers from the garbage can.

Does the jello make it turn things colors? Our countertop is white and I wonder if the color would be a problem. Were your hands red at all afterward? (Don't you hate it when I ask questions in comments? I'm still doing it.) It looks great!

Amy N. said...

haha kristen, well I am going to answer your questions in a comment so hopefully you look back and see them :)
I was afraid that it would turn things colors so we kneaded it on wax paper just in case, but nope, our hands didn't color and neither did the counter/table we played with it on. I think the Cream of Tarter might have something to do with that since it is often used to clean stains...maybe. I was also a little scared to put glitter in it, but that doesn't come out on your hands either.

Kristen said...

Thanks. =o)

Katy said...

Cannot wait to try this today! My two boys and my two nephews are going to love this!!

Food for Thought...

"First, educate your hands and your minds. You belong to a church which espouses education...Get all the education you can. Train yourselves to make a contribution to the society in which you will live. There is an essence of the divine in the improvement of the mind."
President Gordon B. Hinckley

FOR FUN-and because things get lost easily

My Goals for 2009

101 Things To Do check out my progress and help me cross something off!

The ONLINE PHOTOGRAPHY class is UP and RUNNING. If you are interested PLEASE let me know. You can comment here with your email address or email me at amy @ amynielson . com (remove the spaces). This class starts at a beginners level and advances from there. Watch for fun summer challenges as well.

Our Groupies...come on you know you want to be one!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed